Pages

Tuesday 28 January 2014

DEDICATED TO A LOVING MOTHER

Happy 60th Birthday
Nana Marianila Rambaud-Abuy
January 28, 2014


FAMOUS LINES OF NANA

We get to hear one or two of these everyday during our younger years (honestly, even these days! Hahaha!). These lines have been your way of nurturing and molding us, and I think I'm beginning to adapt it myself. Like mother like daughter it is.


1. You'll cross the bridge when you get there.

2. Papunta pa lang kayo pauwi na ako (You have yet to go, I'm already returning from where you are going).

3. Hay! Diyo maabutan ti maudi nga byahe nu kasta ti pinagkutkuti yo ((Sigh..), You'll not going to catch the last trip if you don't move).

4. Dayta ti kunak ta sakayla agkuti nu magurruudan kayon (That's what I'm telling you, you only move when the thunder is about to strike).

5. Ipurwak mo latta ta sarita piduten ti mangilala (Just scatter your "I need" words, good Samaritans will pick it up).

6. Tuturuan ka ng sitwasyon (Situation will teach you what to do).

7. Kasano la ti biag yon nu awanakon (What will your life become if I'm suddenly gone?).

8. Anong akala mo saken, nagtatae ng pera? (What do you think of me, passing out money?)

9. Makuha ka sa tingin (Get what I mean with one look).

10. Mata ang ginagamit sa paghahanap hindi bibig (Use your eyes to find things not your mouth).

11. Malay natin kakailanganin mo din sila, hindi iisa ang araw (You'll never know what comes next time, you might be needing them too someday).

(Whewww! It took me some time to translate these lines in my own understanding. I think it's more effective if the lines remain their original version in certain language/dialect like Tagalog and Ilocano. It loses the real meaning and feelings if it is translated to English language. Hahaha! Palusot!)

I always wanted to be like you, great strength love and courage and always prepared for life challenges. I have always looked up to you. You are my idol! I will try my best to be a mother like the mom you were to me. Without you I wouldn't be where I am in the world today, actually, I wouldn't be in the world today! Happy Birthday Nana dearest! I'm looking forward to more years of togetherness.


Love Lots,
Janet

(With "famous lines" contributions from my siblings, sister/brother-in-law and cousins Switswit and Tintin)

No comments:

Post a Comment